Firstly. No, there will be no spoilers here.
Secondly, after and epic two day playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on PS3 (for both professional and personal reasons) there are a few little things I picked up on that I just thought were cool, interesting and/or shitty about the epic adventure.
- Shaking your PS3 controller will clear Snake’s OctoCamo memory and revert back to its normal black color
- The four main gimmick henchmen in Metal Gear Solid (from PS1) were; Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, Decoy Octopus and Vulcan Raven. In Metal Gear Solid 4 the four main gimmick henchwomen are Screaming Mantis, Crying Wolf, Laughing Octopus and Raging Raven. Interesting… 🙂
- Holding the Triangle button when prone will make Snake fake death, helpful in an attempt to go undetected in certain situations
- The Blu-ray promo within the game is very specifically tied to the Metal Gear Solid universe and really is not a shot at the Xbox 360 as many have claimed it to be
- Snake making fun of old game conventions found in previous Metal Gear games; such as key cards
- The beginning of the third act (in gameplay) is mind-numbingly boring but the second part of it turns out to be one of the best sections in the game
- The multiple appearances of the now classic HIDEO-1 gag
- After locating the hidden camera, busting it out and using it during the end of B&B fights switches the game to a random studio mode in the vein of the Mei Ling photoshoot mode from previous titles
- The scariest enemy in the game is not the Gekko, or any of the boss characters. It’s those stupid scanner drones that are spheres with multiple arms and are about two feet high. When they attack, they attack in full force. Also, they suck and can fall in a well and die.
- In the voice cast credits of the game, Hideo Kojima is listed as the voice of God